Abortion Pill Reversal
Can the Abortion Pill be Reversed?
The simple answer is yes! If done in time.
What is the Abortion Pill Reversal Procedure?
The Abortion Pill Reversal (APR) procedure was developed in response to requests from women who had changed their minds about terminating their pregnancies after they had started the abortion pill process. The APR treatment uses natural progesterone as the antidote to rescue early pregnancies exposed to mifepristone (the first pill taken in the abortion pill process).
Some doctors have begun using natural progesterone to counteract the effects of the abortion pill and some women have successfully continued their pregnancies and given birth to healthy babies after taking just the first pill (mifepristone) of a medical abortion.
“We know that an unplanned pregnancy can be scary, and many women make decisions to abort when they are terrified and stressed. We know that after some time, many women change their minds about a chemical abortion. And we know that IT MAY NOT BE TOO LATE TO SAVE YOUR PREGNANCY.” Abortion Pill Reversal Network
You will find answers to the following questions at Abortion Pill Reversal Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I start the abortion pill reversal process?
- Is it too late to reverse the abortion pill?
- How much will this cost?
- What is the treatment to reverse the abortion pill?
- What is the success rate of abortion pill reversal?
- Even though I regret my decision to take the abortion pill, there is no way I could keep and raise this baby alone and without support. What do I do?
- The abortion clinic said I have to complete the abortion; is that true?
- What if I am cramping or spotting? Does it mean it’s too late to reverse the abortion pill?
- What if I want to reverse the abortion pill but I’ve waited too long? What do I do then?
- What about the other pills the abortion clinic gave me?
- Why is progesterone used in the reversal?
- What if I start cramping or spotting after I start the progesterone treatment?
- What about birth defects? Is my baby going to be OK?
- What are the possible side effects of progesterone?
- Some progesterone treatments include peanut oil – what if I am allergic to peanuts?
- I’d like to save this pregnancy, but I’ll probably get kicked out of my house. What should I do?
- Are the abortion pill and the morning-after pill the same thing?
- Do any professional organizations support Abortion Pill Reversal?
- What is the difference between Abortion Pill Reversal and Abortion Pill Rescue?
Our Centers do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients. We are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
Get In Touch
Santa Fe Location
Normal Business Hours:
Monday: 9am to 5pm
Tuesday: 9am to 5pm
Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to 5pm